Registered to care for 5 children (Last updated: 13th January 2019)
- I have been a registered childminder since 2009, and provide high quality child care in a safe and caring family home environment.
- I am married and have two children aged 14 and 10, and a small dog, who is well behaved and friendly, but never left unattended with the children in my care.
- We live in Green Road which is ideally located if you travel in from the east of the island, but only a short detour from town if not!
- There is a safe enclosed garden, with plenty of well maintained age/stage appropriate toys. Indoors is spacious, and I have a huge range of indoor toys and activities. We regularly spend time doing messy and sensory play activities such as painting, play do, water play, sand etc, and lots of age appropriate craft activities.
- We go on outings most days to places such as Tamba Park, the Zoo, local parks, beaches and woods, as well as attending a weekly toddler group. I regularly meet up with other childminder friends, which gives the children in our care an opportunity to socialise and make friends.
- I complete a diary for your child each day which is taken home at the end of each day – it is a great communication tool but also gives you a good insight into your child’s day.
- I also use Tapestry, which is an online learning journal, to record your child’s observations. Parents have access to view this and can add their own observations at any time.
- I have completed a wide range of CPD courses to increase my knowledge of child care issues and to keep my service up to date. This is in addition to the mandatory training required by Child Care Registration. My First Aid and Child Protection training are up to date, and renewed when required.
- To view my personal policies select: Gill’s Policies
References are available from current and past parents. Please get in touch if you feel I can meet your child care needs!